Steel Valley Senior High School
3113 Main Street
Munhall, PA 15120
Phone: 412.464.3600 x2500
Steel Center Applications
2020 - 2021 HS ACADEMIC HANDBOOK
Updates from Mr. Strom in Regards to Returning to In- Person School
Dear Students and Families,
As you are aware the Steel Valley School District is welcoming students back in to the school buildings on February 1st. At the High School level, students will be attending in-person in a hybrid model and students choosing to learn remotely will receive their assignments asynchronously. More information describing these models is listed below. Enclosed you will find a bell schedule, a copy of our mask policy, a Covid19 checklist for parents and a Friday morning remote schedule. Be sure to review all documents and read them carefully. Please notice the school start and end times.
• Students in the Maroon Group (A-L) will begin their hybrid learning on February 1st and 3rd. They will report on Mondays/Wednesdays.
• Students in the Gold Group (M-Z) will begin their hybrid learning on February 2nd and 4th. They will report on Tuesdays/Thursdays. Remote Model:
• Our remote-only learners will receive a combination of synchronous instruction, asynchronous assignments and remote support.
• Fully remote learning students will be expected to complete their lessons asynchronously in their Google Classrooms Monday-Thursday.
• Teachers will be available via email, phone and Zoom (if necessary) at the end of each school day (2:11pm-2:51pm) to assist students and answer questions. Friday Synchronous Remote: • Friday morning will be synchronous remote learning for both hybrid and remote students
• Students should follow the provided schedule for Friday mornings. The Zoom links will be in each of the Google Classrooms.
If you have any questions or concerns about our return to school, please contact the High School office. We look forward to a great rest of the school year at Steel Valley High School.
Please click here to view the Immunization Requirement Form for the High School.