ABOUT THE STEEL VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Steel Valley School District proudly serves the communities of Homestead, Munhall and West Homestead in the historically significant Monongahela Valley. Located just eight miles from downtown Pittsburgh, the communities that make up our district played a critical role in helping Pittsburgh earn its reputation as the Steel City. Once home to the famed Homestead Steel Works, our region now emphasizes safe, affordable living with prime access to all the amenities a growing family could need.
To support our familes, the Steel Valley School District has four public schools serving our three communities:
- Barrett Elementary is located on East 12th Avenue in Homestead and educates elementary students in grades K-4.
- Park Elementary is located at the intersection of Main Street and Cambria Street in Munhall and educates elementary students in grades K-4.
- Steel Valley Middle School and High School is located at 3113 Main Street in Munhall. The Middle School serves students in grades 5-8, while the High School serves students in grades 9-12. While the two share a building, middle school and high school students enjoy separate, unique experiences during the school day.
- The Steel Valley School District central administration office is located at the Franklin Primary Center on East Oliver Road in Munhall, adjacent to the secondary campus.
- Steel Valley also West Field in Munhall for our high school baseball and softball teams, as well as the William V. Campbell Athletic Field on West Run Road in Munhall for football and soccer.
Students who attend Steel Valley are exposed to a robust curriculum rich with experiential educational opportunities. The Steel Valley School District is acutely aware of the need to prepare students for a rapidly changing world, which means not only providing them with the latest, high quality texts, but ensuring they have access to all of the resources necessary to help them thrive. Students have access to a wealth of in-house supports to provide academic assistance, mental and emotional health support, and much more. We have also partnered with a number of community organizations to provide resources to students and families in need.